Skip to main content

SKI

Hey guys this review is for a webtoon called "SKI", by RE ME. This webtoon stands out to me not because of the art but because it has  no words. Just like the description of the story says "no words, just feels", and I would like to believe I felt what they were trying  to bring across. It's a short webtoon with 12 chapters that aren't necessarily long but not short also,  it's a just right kind of feeling. It can be viewed in under 20 minutes  and I say viewed because there  are no words but it took me way longer  because  I wanted to understand the story the creator was trying to convey. There are two main characters that the artist centres the comic around but they have no names, so I named them Kyle and Calypso and you can give them the names you want as well. It seems at first that the two main characters are friends and the male main character is leaving and she wants to confess to him before he leaves. Well that's what I thought. Without words am sure someone can interpret the story in a different way and that's what I really like about the story.


  The art made me feel like I was watching a high end anime. It reminded me of a silent voice or kimi no wa, both anime movies which I highly recommend people watch. Every colour was perfect, every panel moved the webtoon alone so well and so fluidly and I simply loved that about the story. The colours were bright and warm, the story was heartfelt and easily relatable until the end and the value speaks for itself when you see the first panel of the webtoon. If you want to read something short and worth while then check out "SKI  by RE ME". You can get it through this link: http://m.webtoons.com/en/challenge/ski/list?title_no=101244 or on the webtoon app.

Disclaimer: I do not own the art or rights to any of the art and all credit goes to the artist. If you have any manga, webtoon or anime you want me to review then you can ask in the comments section below. And if you like it then leave a like and if you want more then subscribe to my blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haxor

Hey guys, this is a review for a ongoing webtoon called "Haxor" by Walter Ostlie, which has 6 chapters so for and updates every Tuesday. Haxor literally means someone who hacks or to cheat using a hack, which i can clearly see hacking elements in this webtoon. The description of this webtoon is that the internet has been replaced by something called "The Frame", which is "a hyper-fast network of instant connection and accessibility", imagine Nerve Gear from Sword Art Online in a smaller version and a Tron Legacy-ish feels and hacker lingo but in a completely different way. It makes you feel like I've seen this before but I don't remember so you continue reading hoping you have and you haven't and you really want to know what happens next, which is what I loved about it (also the badass female lead that I've seen so far).  So far, even though it is 6 chapters, there is already a strong plot line that draws me in, which is why I am reviewing

Eggnoid

Hey guys, this is a review for a ongoing webtoon called "Eggnoid" by Archie the red cat, which currently has 74 episodes and counting; it updates every Monday, Saturday and Sunday. It is under the romance genre of webtoon and it doesn't miss a minute to make my heart skip a beat. Imagine, a huge egg appears in your room and out comes a handsome boy or girl who starts calling you daddy or mommy, a bit on the weird side huh? Yet this is what happens to a teenager that lives alone called Ran and what does she do? She names him Eggy and lets him stay with her for the time being, while she tries to figure out what or where he comes from. The eggnoid or Eggy as she calls him looks about the same age as her but has child like personalities, like calling himself in the third person, not knowing how to put on clothes and the innocent way he thinks at times. Eggy has rapidly made his way into many fan girl hearts (me being one of them), but like all webtoons it's not going to

Smile Brush

Hey guys this review is for a webtoon called "Smile Brush", by Waroo, which has two seasons and the name of the other one is "Smile brush: My Old Pictures". "Smile Brush", is about a boy with long, which alot of people thought was a girl at the start of the webtoon. It depicts new adventures and everyday experiences as well as new ones of Waroo; everything from bargaining for a new MP3 player to mourning the loss of someone special and explaining why he doesn't cut his hair (that one got me in the feelings). While "Smile Brush: My Old Pictures", looks at Waroo's younger life and it is seriously hilarious at times. they are both categorized as heartwarming and trust me it is, this webtoon will have you laughing, crying and everything in between. The first season of "Smile Brush", is 35 episodes and the second "Smile Brush: My Old Pictures" is 55 episodes. If you want something to read and love a bit of comedy and grea